Terms and Policies
Effective July 11, 2022
Collection and Use of Personally Identifiable Information
When individuals contact Vyne Legacy, via the internet, phone, or otherwise, they may provide Vyne Legacy with personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”). We may also collect or receive Personal Data from third parties. Personal Data we maintain may contain sensitive and confidential material, including financial data, billing information, social security numbers, grant details, and other sensitive information. Other personal information we collect includes names, contact information, and dates of birth.
Additionally, when online users visit one of Vyne Legacy’s websites, Vyne Legacy’s web servers automatically collect and log certain information, such as usage details, IP addresses, browser type, and information collected through cookies (see below), web beacons, and other tracking technologies. Some of these may be operated by third parties that collect information about you over time and across different websites.
Please be aware that Vyne Legacy may use “cookies” to track an online user’s visit to Vyne Legacy’s website. Cookies involve the transfer of a small amount of data to the user’s browser by a web server, which is intended to be read by the server that gave it to the user. In some instances, accepting a cookie is not optional. If a user chooses not to accept the cookie, some portions of Vyne Legacy’s website may not work properly. Vyne Legacy currently does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "Do Not Track" instructions.
Additionally, Vyne Legacy or its designated service providers may collect and share non-personally identifiable information about users of its website with third parties, including any third-party vendors.
Vyne Legacy’s primary purpose in collecting Personal Data is to provide information and materials and to better provide its services. For example, we may use Personal Data to send marketing information to a donor, assess the donor’s specific needs and interests, provide accounting information to authorized individuals, improve your website experience, to provide notices to you about the services we provide, any other ways we may describe when you provide the information or any other purpose with your consent. Personal Data that is collected also helps Vyne Legacy to verify and identify each person who contributes to Vyne Legacy.
Vyne Legacy never sends mailings on behalf of other organizations, but we may engage (a) a mailing company to distribute our own communications or (b) a research firm to collect survey responses.
Vyne Legacy strives to keep records complete and accurate. Most Personal Data that we maintain is contained in account statements that the person receives from us and on applications that the person submits to Vyne Legacy. We encourage each person to review this information and notify us via the methods in the "Contact Information" section below if any information should be corrected or updated. We may not accommodate a request to change or update information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Disclosure of Personal Data
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our services and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other contribution or transfer of some or all of Vyne Legacy’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Vyne Legacy may be among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may disclose Personal Data:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our User Agreement (www.vynelegacy.com/terms-and-policies) and other agreements.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Vyne Legacy, our donors, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Please note that although Vyne Legacy employs reasonable precautions designed to protect the Personal Data of donors and potential donors from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, Vyne Legacy cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to or from Vyne Legacy by any means. No security measures are perfect and we cannot promise that Personal Data about donors or prospective donors will remain secure in all circumstances.
Vyne Legacy does not endorse and is not responsible for, the privacy practices or the content of any third-party websites, including those linked to and from its public or nonpublic website.
In the instance of a security incident involving Personal Data, Vyne Legacy may notify you, if required to do so by law, at any contact information that we have on file about you.
The safety and security of your Personal Data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to our website(s). Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our website(s) are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to our website(s). We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.